NVTRP is Hiring- Development Associate
NVTRP is hiring a part-time (25 hours/week) Development Associate.
1) Polo Classic: Under the direction of the Development Director, plan the annual Polo Classic, which includes booking vendors, securing sponsors, implementing marketing/publicity plan, organizing and engaging committee members, supervising auction coordinator, and handling day-of coordination.
2) Database Management: Manage the donor database. Develop deep proficiency and ownership of the system, including utilizing the database to improve and/or simplify processes and ensuring data integrity.
3) Gift Processing: Manage the gift processing system, including processing gifts/entering information into the database, submitting and monitoring matching gift donations, updating and maintaining constituent records, producing timely acknowledgments for all gifts, and drafting new acknowledgements on a quarterly basis. May involve supervising one or more data-entry volunteers.
4) Community Relations: Coordinate corporate, volunteer, and community-led fundraising efforts to benefit NVTRP, i.e. attending events to accept donations, managing social media-based fundraisers, giving tours to groups (i.e. scout troops)
5) Donor Stewardship: Assist in on-going efforts to ensure donors are recognized and stewarded to the best of our ability, which may include donor stewardship visits, writing projects, planning small events, making phone calls, etc.
6) Other Duties As Assigned
1+ year experience working with Salsa CRM or similar donor database (paid or volunteer)
1+ year experience planning events (paid or volunteer)
Comfort creating electronic communications using tools such as social media, the website and email. NVTRP uses Wix as its website platform and Salsa Engage as its email platform.
Strong writing and communication skills
Strong attention to detail
Willingness to speak publicly on behalf of NVTRP
A passion for NVTRP’s mission and an eagerness to work with our multiple constituency groups
Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
Adaptable and flexible in a busy environment
A creative, giving spirit with a willingness to try new things and make changes as needed as part of a team effort to grow the organization
A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
For more information or salary inquiries, please contact Development Director Wendy Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org.